Unfortunately, a large number of marriages in California and across the nation lead to divorce. This turn of events commonly causes high levels of stress and uncertainty for spouses as well as for any children involved. Facing a divorce, divorce-related issues, and other family law matters can be overwhelming. You may feel that everything is at stake, from your future ability to support yourself to your relationship with your children, your loss of certain marital property, and more. At such a time, you need a trusted attorney to guide you through the often-complex issues you may need to resolve. At Khosroabadi & Hill, you can find representation with a legal team of dedicated and competent attorneys who work together to protect your rights and help you resolve your case in the most favorable manner possible.
Every divorce or family law matter is unique, based on the personalities, family dynamics, financial situation and history, and each party’s legal needs and goals. As San Diego family law attorneys, we ensure that we fully understand the individual and particular aspects of your case so that we can build a legal strategy right for you.
If you and your spouse or the other party can agree on the issues, you may have your agreement formalized and submitted to the court for review and approval. When you and your spouse or other party cannot agree, you will need to present supporting evidence in court for the decision of a judge. Our firm will work to help you resolve your case outside of court to avoid extended litigation. However, if that does not lead to success, we will thoroughly prepare your case for courtroom intervention in seeking the best possible outcome.
Family law encompasses legal issues surrounding the family and domestic relationships. These cases are as diverse and unique as the individuals who are involved in them.
Our firm represents clients in the following cases:
- Divorce. These cases can be simple, complex, contested, or uncontested.
- Child custody and visitation. These can include custody arrangements for a pending divorce or in a post-divorce situation, such as when seeking relocation with a child.
- Child support. This issue can include requesting child support or reimbursement of expenses needed to raise a child and enforcement of unpaid support.
- Spousal support, also known as alimony.
- Marital property and debt division. These can include high net-worth couples with complex financial holdings.
- Paternity. The establishment of paternity may be sought by an unmarried mother seeking child support or father seeking parental rights.
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
- Modifications of current court orders related to child custody, child support, and spousal support.
- Legal separation.
- Guardianship of a minor child.
- Domestic violence. This generally involves restraining orders that may be sought or contested in court based on allegations of family abuse.
- Military law. Divorce and family law issues for military families are generally subject to certain specific military rules.
Direct Attorney Contact
Khosroabadi & Hill's Attorneys are ready to take your call and discuss your case when it is convenient for you.
Laws that address family issues can be complicated and these cases can be highly complex, contentious, confusing, and stressful. Khosroabadi & Hill is here to provide you with representation that includes a team approach, personalized attention, responsiveness, and commitment to your cause. We care about our clients and work vigorously to help you obtain the result you seek.